Exports and imports of goods, July 2023
Decline in external trade in goods
External trade in goods was lower with both groups of countries. The decline was most noticeable in imports from EU non-member countries. Nevertheless, in the first seven months, we still recorded growth of total exports, while total imports remained the same.
Exports (EUR 4.4 billion):
- Declined compared to previous July less than imports, namely by 5.0%.
- The decrease in value was higher in trade with EU Member States (by 7.5%) than in trade with EU non-member countries (by 1.6%). To EU non-member countries, without operations involving processing, it amounted to EUR 750.0 million and was lower in value by 7.8%.
- Significantly declined, in value by 19.1%.
- The largest decrease in value was from EU non-member countries, namely by 24.6%. Even without operations involving processing there was a decrease in value, namely by more than 20%, which amounted to EUR 797.3 million.
The high decrease in July imports values in trade with EU non-member countries was due to the significant decline in trade with medicinal and pharmaceutical products. The decline was most noticeable in trade with Switzerland and the Russian Federation. Despite this, Switzerland remains Slovenia's most important trade partner in trade with this group of countries on the import side, followed by China, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Türkiye.
On the export side, Switzerland is also the most important trade partner of Slovenia, followed by Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the United Kingdom, Russian Federation and USA.
Exports in the first seven months larger, imports on the same level
In the first seven months, exports amounted to EUR 32.8 billion and imports to EUR 32.5 billion. The value of export went up by 9.3% compared to the same period last year, while imports remained on the same level. The export-import ratio was 101.0%.
Exports and imports of goods, Slovenia
- no occurence of event, not applicable
Additional explanations are provided in the methodological explanations.