Statistics of building permits, Slovenia, July 2017

In July 2017, 532 building permits issued in Slovenia

In July 2017, 237 building permits were issued for residential and 295 for non-residential buildings. In these buildings 278 dwellings were planned. The biggest housing construction is planned in the Podravska statistical region.

  • 18 August 2017 at 10:30
  • |
  • provisional data

In July 2017, 532 building permits were issued

In July 2017, 532 building permits were issued in Slovenia. 237 building permits were issued for residential buildings and 295 for non-residential buildings. Compared with July 2016, the number of issued building permits decreased by 14%, and the floor area of buildings decreased by 5%.

The vast majority of building permits issued for residential buildings in July 2017 were building permits for one-dwelling buildings, namely 97%, while the remaining building permits were issued for two- and more dwelling buildings (3%). The construction of residences for communities was not planned. The total floor area of residential buildings in July 2017 was 63,452 m2. As regards non-residential buildings, fewer building permits were issued for the construction of hotels and similar buildings and for office buildings. Construction of other planned non-residential buildings is expected to be higher than in June 2017, except wholesale and retail trade buildings, which stayed the same. The total floor area of non-residential buildings in July 2017 was 69,386 m2 or 3% more than in June 2017.

98% of building permits were issued for new construction, while the remaining 2% were issued for conversion. In July 2017, 522 building permits were issued for new construction, while the area of new constructions planned with these building permits was 129,204 m2.The number and the floor area of new constructions increased mainly due to the increased construction of one-dwelling buildings.

More new dwellings planned in July 2017

By issuing building permits, in July 2017 construction of 278 dwellings was planned. 277 dwellings were planned in residential buildings and 1 dwelling was planned in a non-residential building. In one-dwelling buildings 230 dwellings were planned; 47 dwellings were planned in two- and more dwelling buildings and no new dwellings were planned for residences for communities. The average size of dwellings in one-dwelling buildings will be 159 m2 and in two- and more dwelling buildings 80 m2.

Most dwellings to be built in the Podravska statistical region

93 (33%) dwellings were planned in the Podravska statistical region and 53 (19%) dwellings in the Osrednjeslovenska statistical region. These regions were followed by Gorenjska with 25 (9%) dwellings, Savinjska with 21 (8%) dwellings and Jugovzhodna Slovenija with 18 (6%) dwellings planned. In July 2017, 68 (25%) dwellings were planned in other statistical regions. The fewest dwellings were planned in the Primorsko-notranjska statistical region.

Chart 1: Planned dwellings by statistical regions, Slovenia, July 2017
Chart 1: Planned dwellings by statistical regions, Slovenia, July 2017
1) Including Goriška, Koroška, Obalno-kraška, Pomurska, Posavska, Primorsko-notranjska and Zasavska statistical regions.
Source: SURS
Table 1: Building permits for buildings and planned dwellings, Slovenia, July 2017
BuildingsPlanned dwellings
numberm2numberm2
Total532132,83827840,442
  residental buildings23763,45227740,407
  non-residental buildings29569,386135
Source: SURS
Table 2: Indices of building permits, Slovenia
New buildingsPlanned new dwellings
VII 2017
VI 2017
VII 2017
VI 2017
  number142.6150.0
  floor area132.0174.3
Source: SURS
METHODOLOGICAL NOTE
Final data for 2017 will be published on 20 April 2018.
When making use of the data and information of the Statistical Office of the Republic of Slovenia, always add: "Source: SURS". More: Copyright.