Labour force, Slovenia, March 2017

In March 2017, 0.9% more persons in employment than in the previous month

The number of persons in employment in March 2017 increased by 0.9% over February 2017. Around 3,200 persons were employed or self-employed for the first time on the territory of Slovenia. The number of persons in employment increased the most in construction (by 5.6%).

  • 5/16/2017
  • |
  • final data

Number of persons in employment in March 2017 higher than in February 2017

Compared to February 2017, in March 2017 the number of persons in employment increased by about 7,400 or 0.9% (to more than 833,600). It increased in both genders, for men by 1.2% to 455,800 and for women by 0.5% to around 377,800. Compared to March 2016, the number of persons in employment increased by 3.0%.

In March 2017 more than 3,200 persons were employed or self-employed for the first time on the territory of Slovenia, 42.4% of them foreigners. This means that this is their first formal employment or self-employment on the territory of Slovenia and their first appearance in the Statistical Register of Employment. According to the employment status, around 3,100 (or 94.4%) were persons in paid employment and the rest were self-employed (5.6%). The biggest first formal employment or self-employment was recorded in manufacturing and in construction.
 
An overview by activities shows that compared to February 2017 the number of persons in employment in March 2017 increased in seventeen activities, the most in construction, i.e. by 5.6% (to more than 54,300). The number of persons in employment decreased in three activities; i.e. in financial and insurance activities, in mining and quarrying and in real estate activities.

Chart 1: Persons in employment and persons in paid employment by activities (NACE Rev. 2), Slovenia, March 2017
Chart 1: Persons in employment and persons in paid employment by activities (NACE Rev. 2), Slovenia, March 2017
Source: SURS
Table 1: Persons in employment, Slovenia
III 2017 III 2017 
II 2017
III 2017
III 2016
numberindices
Persons in employment833,608100.9103.0
Persons in paid employment746,445101.0103.4
   Persons in paid employment - by legal persons695,908100.8103.5
   Persons in paid employment - by natural persons50,537103.3102.0
Self employed persons87,163100.2100.2
   Self employed persons - individual private enterpreneurs63,283100.4102.6
   Self employed persons - own-account workers6,55399.9101.4
   Self employed persons - farmers17,32799.892.0
Source: SURS
Detailed data and time series are available on the SI-STAT data portal.
Our website uses cookies for analysing the visits. By continuing to browse the site, you agree with our use of cookies.   Details