Statistics of building permits, Slovenia, February 2017

In February 2017, 21% fewer building permits issued in Slovenia than in January 2017; also fewer dwellings planned

In February 2017 fewer building permits were issued for residential and non-residential buildings than in January 2017. There were 163 dwellings planned with the issued building permits, of which more than 50% will be built in Podravska and Osrednjeslovenska statistical regions.

  • 3/20/2017
  • |
  • provisional data

Fewer building permits for buildings issued in Slovenia than in January 2017

In February 2017, 21% fewer building permits were issued in Slovenia than in the previous month. Fewer building permits were issued for residential (31% fewer) as well as for non-residential buildings (14% fewer). The total floor area of ​​all planned buildings in February was 98,623 m2, which is 15% less than the floor area of ​​all buildings planned by building permits in January 2017.

Of building permits issued for residential buildings, 95% were issued for the construction of one-dwelling buildings, while the remaining 5% were issued for the construction of two- and more dwelling buildings. There were no new buildings planned for residences for communities. In February 2017 the number of building permits for one-dwelling buildings decreased by 31%, while the number of buildings for two- and more dwelling buildings increased by 17% over January 2017. As regards non-residential buildings, fewer permits were issued for the construction of hotels and similar buildings, wholesale and retail trade buildings, traffic and communication buildings, and public entertainment, education, hospital or institutional care buildings. Construction of all other planned non-residential buildings is expected to be the same or larger than in January 2017.

98% of all building permits were issued for new constructions and 2% for conversions. In comparison with January 2017, the number of building permits for new constructions decreased by 20% and the planned floor area by 12%. In comparison with February 2016, the number of building permits for new constructions decreased by 1% and the planned floor area increased by 4%.

Fewer dwellings planned than in January 

By issuing final building permits, in February 2017 construction of 163 dwellings was planned, which is 30% fewer than in January 2017. All dwellings were planned in residential buildings. 31% fewer dwellings were planned in one-dwelling buildings, and 21% fewer in two- and more dwelling buildings than in January. The average size of dwellings in one-dwelling buildings will be 153 m2 and in two- and more dwelling buildings 77 m2.

By issuing building permits in February 2017, 28% fewer new dwellings were planned than in January 2017 and the planned floor area of the dwellings decreased by 34%. Nevertheless, 20% more new dwellings were planned than in February 2016 and the floor area increased by 10%.

More than half of all dwellings will be built in Podravska and Osrednjeslovenska statistical regions

In February 2017 most dwellings were planned in the Podravska statistical region (46 or 28% of all), followed by the Osrednjeslovenska statistical region, where 37 dwellings or 23% of all dwellings were planned, and Juhovzhodna Slovenija, where 17 dwellings or 10% of all dwellings were planned. In the Pomurska statistical region 14 dwellings or 9% of all dwellings were planned, while in the Savinjska region 13 dwellings or 8% of all dwellings were planned. In other statistical regions 36 dwellings or 22% of all dwellings were planned. In the Posavska statistical region no new dwellings were planned in February 2017.

Chart 1: Planned dwellings by statistical regions, Slovenia, February 2017
Chart 1: Planned dwellings by statistical regions, Slovenia, February 2017
1) Including Gorenjska, Goriška, Koroška, Obalno-kraška, Posavska, Primorsko-notranjska and Zasavska statistical regions.
Source: SURS
Table 1: Building permits for buildings and planned dwellings, Slovenia, February 2017
BuildingsPlanned dwellings
numberm2numberm2
Total40798,62316322,831
  residental buildings14336,05416322,831
  non-residental buildings26462,56900
Source: SURS
Table 2: Indices of building permits, Slovenia
New buildingsPlanned new dwellings
II 2017
I 2017
II 2017
I 2017
  number80.271.9
  floor area88.166.4
Source: SURS
METHODOLOGICAL NOTE
Final data for 2016 will be published on 19 May 2017 at the latest.
Detailed data and time series are available on the SI-STAT data portal.
Our website uses cookies for analysing the visits. By continuing to browse the site, you agree with our use of cookies.   Details